Random sports discussion, plus anything else I want to write about.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Puyallup Live Blog, Pt. 2


12:41-There's a ride right by the warehouse, but I can't quite see it because there's a tent in my way. This ride plays music as it operates, but I like it only plays three different songs: a generic House music beat, that dreadful Audioslave song about being yourself and how that's all that you can do, and that song, I think by Hoobastank, that has the worst first line I've ever heard, "I'm not a perfect person..." right there, you can stop playing the song. When you hear a line like that, you know the song sucks. It's actually kind of polite on Hoobastank's part, because you know, right out of the gates, that this song sucks, and will suck forever. Yet this ride plays this song all day long, and I'm stuck here listening to it. "...A REASON TO START OVER NEW, AND THE REASON IS YOOOOUUU!" This is what plays in my end all day long.

Well, the Seahawks won, but God they looked bad in the second half. This game reminded me of those games they used to play with the Chargers every year, where all the scoring came from field goals, and Jon Carney would always win it with no time remaining. At least the Hawks won it this time.

The Buffalo Bills lost to the Patriots today on a safety. I'm pretty sure that that is the perfect way to sum up Buffalo as an organization.

1:06-Update on my Guest Guesser picks; Seahawks win, KC loses, Tampa loses, Cleveland loses, Tennessee and Denver about to lose. Harsh. Tennessee and Denver might have a chance, but it's pretty unlikely. 4 games still to go. Probably out of the running at this point.

1:50-Midday lull. Second batch of NFL games have started. Lots of tedious work for me. Carnies acting surprisingly normal. Calm before the storm. Figurative storm. Weather is actually quite nice. The amount of paper I will go through over the course of this fair is astounding, as I have to invoice every order made in triplicate. There are 49 stands that we run, and the fair runs 17 days. That is a ton of paper, maybe even literally. I'm hoping that pretty soon I'll be caught up on orders, and able to get some food, since I've had nothing but coffee since the bowl of cereal I ate at 7:45 this morning. That should give me a chance to explore the grounds a bit, and take some notes, all for your reading pleasure. You can thank me later.

2:32-Breaking news on stock boy Chris: he's been married and divorced already. I'm pretty certain he's younger than me. I have recently attained the legal age of drinking, just for reference. Almost caught up with my invoices. My stomach has begun to eat itself.

1 Comments:

Blogger CSG said...

You are forgetting that Chris is a living, breathing human, not an object of your amusement. Oh, wait, I guess he is kind of an object of amusement.

8:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home