Random sports discussion, plus anything else I want to write about.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Yao Ming and Shark Fin Soup

When working at a desk in a warehouse, surrounded by boxes filled with plastic dolphins and other assorted doo dahs, the smell of vomit gently wafting into the warehouse, one's mind tends to wander. Inevitably, one's mind will wander into the the cruel and depressing meadow (wandering always leads to meadows) that is shark fin soup. This story is supposedly about a month old, but was never brought to my attention, so it has obviously just happened, with older dates placed on the links to make myself and Mr. Yao look foolish. Alas, I could never be made to look foolish, with my flowing hair and stunning mutton chops. But I digress. I feel that everyone, even you, loyal reader, should know that Mr. Yao and I are united in our effort to stop the consumption of shark fin soup. Not through any actual effort, but if prompted, I will give a strongly worded rebuke to anyone thinking about consuming shark fin soup. Plus, I will include general ill-will in all my thoughts about China until people stop throwing finless sharks back into the water so an overrated soup can be made. Believe me, I have many thoughts about China included in my daily routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home