Random sports discussion, plus anything else I want to write about.

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Huskies over Cal

Just finished watching the Huskies beat Cal at home, 79-71. It was the first time in a couple games that I've really got to watch the Dawgs closely which was nice. I'm trying to keep this short, so I'll just run through a couple things:

-Good game overall. Cal has given UW a lot of problems over the last couple years, so it's nice to get a win against them, even if they were shorthanded.

-Jon Brockman was an absolute manimal, 22 points and 14 rebounds. He's really holding the team together right now. I tried to focus on watching him on the defensive end, which you should try some time. He's an incredible position defender, and amazing at denying the ball in the post.

-Justin Dentmon made some asinine turnovers. What's annoying about that is that it wouldn't be that hard to fix. If he could tighten up on turnovers, he could be the best point in the Pac-10, but he needs to make the effort.

-Brandon Burmeister got a ton of minutes, and it looks like it was in place of Phil Nelson. I don't mind that at all, as I think Burmeister's a much better defender and rebounder, and probably an equal offensive player at the moment.

-Artem Wallace scored 8 points. I don't know how that's possible. He even made two free throws.

-Since my friend Jeremy pointed it out to me last week, I couldn't help but notice: Ryan Appleby is always the first guy back on defense. Even though he's not a good defender, it's not for lack of effort.

-Spencer Hawes looks like he's almost back to normal.

-Huskies are now 4-1 in their last 5 games. They close out the season with a pretty tough stretch, playing six ranked teams in seven games, but they get most of them at home. Should be interesting.

That's about it. Stanford on Sunday, should be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home