Random sports discussion, plus anything else I want to write about.

Friday, November 17, 2006

NFL!/Apple Cup!


I haven't had my NFL picks up in awhile, which I mentioned yesterday. I've been tracking them personally though, and things haven't been pretty: 3-10 in week 6, 7-6 in week 7, 7-7 in week 8, 4-10 in week 9, 9-7 last week. I'm 70-73-1 overall. Underdogs have been absolutely killing, as Bill Simmons as frequently noted. Week 6 and week 7, my two ten-loss weeks, I picked seven and ten favorites, respectively, 17 out of 27 games, and got killed. I'm going to do the abridged version of the picks this week: Seattle (-4.5) over San Fran, KC (-9.5) over Oakland, Indy (-1) over Dallas, Cincy (+3.5) over Nawlins, Pittsburgh (-3.5) over Cleveland, Tennessee (+13) over Philly, Baltimore (-4) over Atlanta, St. Louis (+7) over Carolina, Buffalo (+2.5) over Houston, New England (-5.5) over Green Bay, Washington (+3) over Tampa, Chicago (-7) over NYJ, Miami (-3.5) over Minnesota, Detroit (+2) over Arizona, San Diego (+2.5) over Denver, and NYG (+3.5) over Jacksonville. I really like San Diego chances against Denver; I've said all season that they're the best team in the AFC, and I think they'll show that Sunday. I like the over in Washington-Tampa (34), under in NO-Cincy (51) (it's just too high), over in Philly-Tennessee (43), and the over for Miami-Minnesota (34). 34 points in just too low to safely take, unless Oakland and Denver are playing.

I know it's Apple Cup weekend, and as a UW student I'm compelled to at least mention the game, but I really don't care much this year. UW's season has been depressing because there was so much hope at one point, and everything's gone to hell since then. The Isaiah Stanback injury, two overtime losses, Carl Bonnell's awfulness. I'm glad that the upswing in the basketball program coincided with the football team falling off the map, or this would of been a depressing four years of UW sports. Oh well. I'll be cheering for the Huskies tomorrow, with the consolation if they lose being the basketball team. When we stomp the Cougs twice this winter I'll feel better about this.

This week I hope to have a post about the UW basketball team, you should definitely watch every chance you get, and maybe something on the Sonics/NBA. Go Dawgs!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Nice idea, but will this really work?

7:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home