Random sports discussion, plus anything else I want to write about.

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Puyallup Fair: Last Days


Sunday is finally here, and I've got to admit, I've been waiting for this day all week. College football is nice, especially with THE University of Washington looking downright frisky for the first time in years, but it's just an appetizer, and in terms of appetizers, it's a good one, but not a great one; think mozzarella sticks vs. calamari. I like college football, but I hate all the bullshit that surrounds it, all the Touchdown Jesus phony tradition, the profits involved at the big schools, which are given a perfectly legal venue to exploit mostly poor kids, who then act like they give a damn about the sanctity of amateur athletics when they're exposed for recruiting violations, players receiving compensation, etc. I know I'm ranting, but give me the pro game any day.

There's eight early games today, with the two big ones being Jacksonville-Indy and Cincy-Pittsburgh. I'm pretty damn excited for both these games. There's also Chicago-Minnesota, Green Bay-Detroit, NYJ-Buffalo, Washington-Houston, Tennesee-Miami, and Carolina-Tampa. A couple clunkers there, but the two big ones more than make up for them. Everything starting in about ten minutes.

Today's the last day of the Puyallup. It's been interesting, to say the least, but I think it's been a good experience. I'll be glad to get back to my normal routine of school/general drunken slothfulness, and I won't miss working 85-90 hour weeks, but I'll walk any with some money and a unique experience. I also lost some weight because there was nothing for me to eat. How about that?

I'll be doing posts throughout the day if I'm not horribly busy, which is a distinct possibility. Drop in and say hi, offer some insight, observations, etc. If you want. I'm not forcing you, as one of the woeful inadequacies of the Internet is the inability to use the threat of immediate physical harm in my favor. C'est la vie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home